----- Original Message -----

You are right in the sense that the right tool should be used for the right job
:)

Of course it's not suitable for high-bandwidth sniffing, although quite useful
for
the occasions where you don't have high-volume traffic.
For example, I use one such notebook for an IP-telephony deployment near the
border controllers. As it's not yet in production, I know exactly how much
traffic
I'm going to have.

The benefit is that I easily bring this notebook to the customer location,
and it doesn't need much (rack)space. Also I don't have to ask the customer to
provide new PC hardware.