I'm connecting my customer (a 100-employees company in Switzerland) to one of
the major service providers with a SIP trunk (this trunk would be the primary
way to PSTN).

The SP puts forward a number of requirements, such as national/international
context in To: field, then some special requirements for CallerID privacy, etc.
The problem is, we can't get a document that describes the technical details of
the interface, and SP refuses to create such a document. All we've got is a
number of emails and some information from phone conversations. Also an example
for a Cisco CUBE router and a Visio drawing with some IP addressing information.

Is it a common situation for such a service? Am I too naive with my
expectations to receive a fully documented service? If it were a no-name lousy
cheap service provider, I wouldn't ask :)

cheers,
stan