Dear all,

A friendly reminder that the foundation of the SME ISP Federation will take
place in exactly one week. Two special guests will be present, Felix A.
Honegger of the SIMSA (Branchenverband der Schweizer Internet-Wirtschaft) and
Janine Jakob from SKS (Stiftung für Konsumentenschutz) which will both, indeed,
welcome the creation of our federation.

- If you plan to attend and have not yet registered, please do (for planing
reasons) -> http://www.ispnet.ch/cgi-bin/register.cgi

- If you plan to represent officially your company you MUST fill up the power
of attorney -> http://www.ispnet.ch/documents/membership_form.pdf  (physical
persons can fill up the form on site)

- If something is not clear or you have a formal proposal / counter-proposal
for the assembly, please contact me, either by email pascal at swinog dot org
or on my mobile 079 346 00 26.

- We have three candidates for the board, I wish there would be more. Anyone
can be member of the board, you do not need to be a member of the association
for that. If you feel you would like to be a board member send me an email with
your details and a miniCV (should hold on a slide).

- So far, about 10 SME ISP have announced their participation.

Again, all information and documentation is available at http://www.ispnet.ch

At last, I'd like to give a quick overview on the planed activities of the
federation, here's a non-exhaustive list of what I personally see for the
federation:

        - Answer legal questions to members (maybe some sort of insurance model)
        - Study the possibility of a common Lawful Interception platform
        - Technical and formal collaboration between members (VoIP peerings,
antispam and why not a CERT)
        - A real representation towards authorities (ÜPF/BAKOM/Parliament/...)
        - Creation of a customer information platform to promote SME ISPs
        - Respond to hearings (legal hearings)
        - Create quality labels like NetNeutrality, etc...
        - Standardise general conditions
        - Organise events in the interest of the members (can be CEO lunch,
user training, anything)

Again, this is just a vision which may help potential members to understand
what this federation could be useful for.

Cheers and have a nice weekend!

PS: Feel free to forward the message to your board members/CTO/CEO.

Pascal