a 4-page script with no documentation, no revision control, and hardcoded paths?
Some people call it a dirty hack :)

For a real software, have a look at

https://github.com/ssinyagin/gerty

It's not released yet, but already used in a couple of production
installations. Plenty of documentation is available. Config backup is just a
small part of what it can do :)

cheers
stan

*MyConf* Cisco config backup, archive and copmpare tool at
http://www.myport-tools.ch/
>>Its not using cvs or svn like rancid but using its own archive
structure and in addition it has a graphical web interface.