Hi everyone,

I've "compiled" all your input, here is the output:

The cables are all cat5e, which should be OK. But to be sure I've managed to
find a cat6 cable, but as expected, it did not change anything. So the cables
are not the problem.

Then I added "speed 1000" and "duplex full" to the two port configuration,
but: no change.

Next step: Try "mode on" -> Does not work because "on" is PAGP which is not
compatible with LACP.

Go on: Try "switchport nonegotiate" -> No change in behaviour.

When the servers are booting (BIOS, not yet OS) then there is no
bonding/etherchannel available. Both ports are independent. That should be no
problem for the "mode active/passive" and it works as expected, the server can
do DHCP/PXE during boot. But it takes a long time until the server gets an IP
from DHCP because it takes so long to get the protocol up.

>Is your server supporting LACP?
During BIOS boot: no
While running OS: yes

>How are is the bonding configured on the interfaces?
During BIOS boot: not configured
While running OS: configured with linux bonding (that works fine)

Maybe this will stay a mysterium =)

I wish everyone good luck in finding the easter-eggs.
(Maybe this behavior is a cisco-easter-egg and solved after easter, who knows
=)

Cheers,
Tobias

--
Nine Internet Solutions AG, Albisriederstr. 243a, CH-8047 Zuerich
Support +41 44 637 40 40 | Tel +41 44 637 40 00 | Direct +41 44 637 40 13