Good morning,

If you care so much about physical penetration of your equipment, why
bother with local storage anyway.

There are enough solution out there, which do not need to have a
installed system.

As example:
Coreboot with etherboot (payload)
this combination allows you to load a system with a http server and
there is even a so called SafeBootMode with verification of your boot-image.
After that you only need an local storage, which could be a ramdisk or
an encrypted tmp / swap hard or flash drive.

So there wouldn't be any necessity to obscure your hardware anyhow and
all further penetration vectors would need a higher sophistication.

PS: I do agree that PCengines do need more RAM. A version with at least
512MB would be highly appreciated.

Saludos
Miguel