On 2013-05-24 14:33 , Roman Hochuli wrote:
> Hey All
>
> If it is really hurting you big time you may choose to run a very mean
> hack: temporarily setup a netgear.com-Zone on your dns-servers and point
> these records to a useful NTP server. Adding an A-record for their
> website would probably a good idea as well. ;)
>
> Yes, it is an EXTREMELY UGLY HACK. But as stated above: it might be
> easier to cut yourself a hand off than loosing the whole arm...

If you are doing that, which is a workable solution for you and your
customers do it only for  time-g.netgear.com by defining a zone for that
and using '@' to get the record defined, that way you don't cause
colateral damage to the many other records that might exist in netgear.com.

Of course the best avenue is to contact netgear and really hammer on
them to fix it; though it seems to be a device issue, not a DNS problem.

>> but what's the hex string for this kind of query.
>> anybody got it?
>
> Had there somebody fun with Stefans presentation of yesterday...? ;)

Tranalyzer only analyzes as far as I recall and the slides do not
indicate differently...

Greets,
 Jeroen