> I need to transparently (especially LACP
> frames) transport a gigabit ethernet link with at least 1500 MTU over
> either IP or Ethernet. Jumbo frames are enabled on
> the L2 transport backbone. While I need "full" (some encap overhead
> will be acceptable) GigE wire speed, encryption is unnecessary.

Since you don't need encryption, aren't these more or less the same
requirements as to transport dot1q tags within an existing vlan, that
is, q-in-q? The foundry/brocade approach would be to override the frame
tag on the entry and exit ports and declare those ports as access-ports
(untagged to transport-vlan XYZ), thus transporting anything that comes
in there via vlan XYZ to the destination. Or is LACP more low-level and
can't be tricked to be relayed by playing with frame types?

Cheers,
Markus