On 25.06.2013 19:33, Andre Oppermann wrote:
Does anyone know a good source for replacement fans for the Cisco 2950-T-24?

A "silent" version would be preferred.  The fan is 40x20mm and has a 3-pin
connector.  Yes, I've already checked Digitec but they don't seem to have
anything that matches.

Thanks to all for the replies (public and private) with suggestions.

As the fan was getting really noisy I quickly went to Pusterla at Kernstrasse 55
in Zürich and asked for a fan with the same size and specification.  They had
one in the backroom storage and it cost 43 Franks.  Physical installation wasn't
difficult but the connector and wiring had to be rearranged.  This wasn't much
of a problem as the original fan had a press-fit-wire-cut plug.

Interesting is how the fan is mechanically attached inside the chassis.  It is
not fixed but held by a couple bent metal flanges from the inner chassis.  It
always has a bit of room to move/vibrate.  A worn down fan then not only rattles
by itself but also inside the chassis amplifying the noise.  Here a bit of
squishy
material could fix that.  Haven't it yet but will.

Other recommended options include Distrelec, EBM Papst and a couple of offers to
buy another used 2950 either to salvage the fan or to replace the switch.

--
Andre