Date & venue have now been defined for this talk:

Wednesday 18 September 18:15 - 19:30
Location: SWITCH, Werdstrasse 2 (near Stauffacher), Zurich
          room "Rigi" (1st floor)

Please continue to use the Doodle link to register if you would like to
attend, so that we know how many people to expect.

Also, please try to be there on time.

------------------------------ snip ------------------------------

Landon Noll http://www.isthe.com/chongo/bio.html
will be in Zurich, Switzerland Sept 18-20 and
has prepared a 40-minute talk which he would enjoy
presenting to us, if there is interest.

    Failures of Shallow, Inconsistent & Incomplete Security

    With a number of best security practices, great security concepts
    and sincere security implementations, why do security systems
    fail?  Many fail because the security is trivial, inconsistent
    and/or incomplete.

    Trivial security may be ridiculed as being useless.  Inconsistent
    security may be blamed on logic faults, or on the poor
    implementation of a sound idea.   But of the three, it is the
    incomplete security flaws that are often the hardest to identify
    and most difficult to fix.  Worse still, attacks on systems
    with incomplete security often produce the most devastating
    results.

    We will look at security failures, from the historic to the
    modern, for examples of the trivial, inconsistent and incomplete
    security: with takeaway lessons that will help you avoid repeating
    those mistakes.

Please fill out the poll

http://doodle.com/uhend5rbrkw5ewsu

[...]