On 2014-04-16 11:05 , Chris Welti wrote:
> Hi Jeroen,
>
> I can't follow what you're saying.
> As long as the announcements for the /18 and the /19s are valid, there
> is no reason for broken connectivity.

Of course there is. The /19 has precedence. Thus for sites that receive
the /19 they will route over a much longer route than they should.

> As far as I can see all anouncements are with origin by AS3303 as they
> should be.
> Also, connectivity tests via NLNOG ring prove that reachability is
> excellent all over the world to e.g. 84.253.0.1:

The RING does not cover all locations (yet, at least...)

As shown here:

https://stat.ripe.net/84.253.0.0%2F19#tabId=routing

All the sites that do receive the /19, especially for instance the 40%
of the networks that receive it over for instance Sao Paolo, Brazil, or
Moscow IX and do not get it more local will take the long trip around.

More specifics are evil and give weird routing in various locations.

Apparently Swisscom is looking into it though, thus hopefull the more
specific will be gone soon and the problem will be gone too.

Greets,
 Jeroen