Hello Benoît

I'm not sure at what time and from which IPv6 address you tried.
I just tried to find log entries with my co-workers operating
whois.nic.ch for 2001:4060:dead::/48 on the 26th Apr 2015 and found nothing.

If you want me to look into this, can you provide exact information?

Regards,
Daniel, SWITCH

On 26.04.15 12:24, Benoît Panizzon wrote:
> Hello
>
> Who else experiences that problem since a couple of days?
>
> $ whois direktion.ch
> The number of requests per client per time interval is
> restricted. You have exceeded this limit.
> Please wait a moment and try again.
>
> (query was done via IPv6)
>
> $ whois -h 130.59.31.241 direktion.ch
> whois: This information is subject to an Acceptable Use Policy.
> See http://www.nic.ch/terms/aup.html
>

> Domain name:
> direktion.ch
> [...]
>
> works!
>
> I'm not doing more than max 10 queries/week from that specific ipv6 address,
> probably much less.
>
> I'm not aware of having other clients within my /48 network doing any queries
> to whois.nic.ch (yes, my blacklist scripts do a lot of queries to
> whois.ripe.net and other RIR's to get abuse contacts, but not to switch)
>
> -Benoît-

SWITCH
Daniel Stirnimann, SWITCH-CERT
Werdstrasse 2, P.O. Box, 8021 Zurich, Switzerland
phone +41 44 268 15 15, direct +41 44 268 16 24
daniel.stirnim...@switch.ch, http://www.switch.ch