hi, it's me again :)

I started developing such a tool, and the documentation will be added soon:
https://github.com/voxserv/rring

It uses FreeSWITCH as a SIP endpoint, and sends and receives the calls
and allows you to build automated tests that verify that the call is
properly established. In addition to that, those audio quality
analysis tools that I mentioned today could be used to determine if
there actually was an audio stream :-)

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Amann Hans-Peter <hans-peter.am...@ne.ch> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are looking for  a tool that permits to check the behavior of a telephony
> system at the level of the end user.
>
> The idea is to launch telephone calls at regular intervals one system, to
> pass through the public network and to check on the PABX system under test
> (Siemens HiPath 4000 with Trade-Boards) that the voice call arrives
> (signaling path) and can be established (voice path).
>
> Our problem today is that we can check plenty of internal interfaces and
> links, but we do not known if all the higher level protocols behave well.
>
> Thanks for your ideas !
>
> Hans-Peter Amann
> Etat de Neuchâtel
> hans-peter.am...@ne.ch