There is a small possibility that you have a hardware problem.

10 years ago I bought a DECT telephone that interfered with my cable modem if
the base station was placed within 50cm of the modem.  Got up to 8% packet loss
when testing with "ping -f" to the gateway IP.

Simply moving the base station to the other side of my desk fixed the problem.

Did you recently buy something that emits a lot of radio waves?  Do you
frequently pose your mobile phone near your modem?

--
Erik Rossen
ros...@rossen.ch