Hey!

I am peering with Atlantic Metro at DE-CIX. Their IRR record is
"AS-AMC". I have noticed recently some invalid prefixes:

$ bgpq3 -4 -R 24 -m 24 -A -J -E AS-AMC
[...]
      route-filter 1.0.0.0/24 exact;
      route-filter 1.1.1.0/24 exact;

I didn't check which members of the macro pulled those prefixes (is
there an easy way to get where it comes from?) but I thought information
from IRR records were veted by RIR. It seems this is not the case. Is it
because some RIR don't check anything or just because there is no way to
secure such a macro? In this case, what is the best practice when
peering with such a transit provider?

Thanks!
--
It were not best that we should all think alike; it is difference of opinion
that makes horse-races.