Dear colleagues

I'd like to ask if anyone can confirm that the information published on
https://www.digitale-gesellschaft.ch/publicwlan/ is accurate in regards
to being subject to "Überwachungspflichten gemäss BÜPF".

We have been asked by a customer to sell him a Wifi-Installation for
his café. We are going to sell him the hardware and do the one time
installation. Afterwards the customer is running the infrastructure
himself, he might ask us for help for firmware upgrades and similar
tasks but we are not going to run that Wifi as a service or do any
monitoring.

If I understand the information on the above page correctly, he doesn't
need to identify his users, so he won't (and won't store any logs) and
as a consequence he will not have any information to be stored for 6
months for the büpf.
Is that so?

The other question that comes to my mind: if the customer provides a
captive portal to have users acknowledge a "Hausordnung" / code of
conduct, then the APs will "store" which MAC address has checked the
box. Does that make his subject to the Büpf?

Thank you very much for your input on this topic.

Best Regards

Jean-Pierre

--
HILOTEC Engineering + Consulting AG - Langnau im Emmental
IT für KMUs: Netzwerke, Server, PCs, Linux, Telefonanlagen,