Hi Community

A website (no imprint, domain registered via anonymous proxy), which
allegedly breaks some copyright laws, is proxied by CloudFlare.

CloudFlare got a DMCA take-down notice from an attorney and replied to
the attorney, that the site in question is hosted at AS6772, ImproWare
AG, but did not tell the attorney the IP Address (nor the customer
which could have been looked up via RIPE).

Cloudflare also contacted us and told the IP Address. I contacted the
customer in question. He states he has nothing to do with that website
(I might be tempted to doubt this statement, it could be a customer of
the customer who is involved...).

But I cannot verify: I have no access to the logs of our customer's
Server. I have no access to the proxy logs @ Cloudflare.

The attorney is now getting a bit impatient and considers filing a
legal complaint against us to have us 'solve the issue'.

So I contact Cloudflare as they must have a customer who ordered said
proxy service with them and probably pays for it. Cloudflare could
handle the issue themself, directly at the source, knowing the paying
'culpit'.

I quickly got the reply, that they are not responsible for content
hosted by their customer, therefore they relay complaints to the ISP in
charge of the IP address in question.

That is a bit weird.... isn't it?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon- @ HomeOffice und normal erreichbar
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden