Censorship is a third party forbidding you access to some information.
Someone saying I only want grant access to my information/website to
some people is at their discretion. That is, if some othortity would
tell Coop to restrict access, they would otherwise give, then itt's
censorship.

Why would I even say this: Because if you muddle the meanings of
censorship you essentially are normalizing censorship. If everything is
censorship, than nothing is censorship.

Best
Serge

On 28/02/2021 14:52, roger mgz wrote:

> Question is why Geoblocking at all, its a form of Censorship which
> should be condemned
>
> btw: Even Coop is calling for Globalisation ;)
>
> Just my 5 cent's
>

> Am 28.02.2021 um 12:33 schrieb Benoit Panizzon:
>> Dear List
>>
>> Having issue in accessing www.coop.ch
>>
>> "Aus Sicherheitsgründen ist ein Login aus Ihrem Land nicht erlaubt".
>>
>> And a hint I shall not use a VPN or Proxy.
>>
>> No proxy or VPN in use, just IPv4 NAT, as confirmed by 'wieistmeineip'.
>> (www.coop.ch is not IPv6 yet)
>>
>> So I supposed a messed up GeoIP Database and changed my SNAT IP a couple
>> of times (all those IP are registered with country=CH @RIPE since
>> decades and I never had such issues)
>>
>> 157.161.57.65 => blocked (main NAT ip)
>> 157.161.57.66 => Ok (a static server ip not used anymore)
>> 157.161.57.68 => Ok (a static client ip)
>> 157.161.57.70 => blocked (alternate NAT ip seldom used)
>> 157.161.5.199 => blocked (Gateway IP, not usually used as src, except
>> local stuff on the Mtik like DNS)
>>
>> Weird! Anyone has insight in what geoIP database coop uses? Or if there
>> are other criteria they use for blocking?

Serge Droz
Security Lead
Proton Technologies AG