Hello Rainer

On 24.01.2022 16:07, Rainer Duffner wrote:
Am 24.01.2022 um 15:36 schrieb Fabian Wenk <fab...@wenks.ch>:
On 24.01.2022 10:16, Rainer Duffner wrote:

Maybe check the geo location from one of the affected IP address at
https://www.maxmind.com/ <https://www.maxmind.com/>. As far as I know they are
probably the most used service for Geo IP Data.

I checked with maxmind and whatismyip.com (which in itself checks at least two
different databases).

Both report the IP to be in Switzerland.

The funny thing is that https://www.wieistmeineip.de locates this IP in
Germany, too.

I would like to understand how that happens.

Maxmind is publishing an updated list each week, but then it depends on the platform operator to update their local copy. There is e.g. a daemon available from maxmind doing this automatically. It could be that some of the platform operators to not update the list, or not so often. Or even using a own database, e.g. because they filter out commercial VPN services.

Somehow it is probably the best to report it directly through the support channels of this platforms, and also give them links to the check done at Maxmind and whatismyip. If your clients are customer of this platforms, then it may be useful to give them all the relevant details and tell them to forward it to the support.

Best regards,
Fabian