Hi

> So you are saying that relying on the provider dns and having to use
> it instead of other public (non-modifying) DNS Servers will not feed
> the internet provider with this „valuable personal data“?

There are privacy laws in place.
I would not consider this good practice.
I don't think (maybe I'm mistaking) that an ISP would have any benefit
of collecting, analyzing such data. Selling / using such data for
marketing would probably cash with privacy laws. Disclaimer: IANAL.

> Also are you saying that the user shouldn‘t use any public,
> non-modified DNS Servers, just for that fact? Are you implementing the
> same measures as Swisscom?

There are legal requirements regarding DNS which OFCOM registered TSP
have to follow.

So, yes, I understand every nerd who operates their own DNS server to
avoid his personal data being used by the 'big ones' and to get 'free'
access to the whole internet, but I don't understand why customers
would want to use 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 instead of their providers DNS for
those reasons.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden