Orlando Spitale wrote:

> >I expect they will change profiles from 256/64k to 320/80k and so on,
> >nobody telling anything. This is, as far as I understood from Peter
> >Heinzmann@CNLAB (I was talking to him about 2 weeks ago) what Cablecom
> >did. There is PPPoE overhead also with cable, right?!
>
> I don't know why P.Heinzmann came to that conclusion. Cablecom didn't
> change anything on the bitrate it's still 256/64k. Cablecom implemented
> a traffic-shape mechanism (token bucket) to reach the better throughput.
> Cablecom doesn't use any PPPoE there's enough "securtity" with 56BitDES
> on lower layer (docsis).

Peter Heinzmann didn't tell exactly that. It was just my assumption out
of our talk about several topics.

Anyway, I'm a disappointed regarding Swisscom's press release. They say
mostly 210k throughput should be possible, however this is just not true
- this would say that even the best ADSL providers of today's Saldo
listing [1] would be slow (max throughput of 181k). It feels like
Swisscom needs to put lipstick on the pig.

F.

[1] http://www.konsuminfo.ch/pdf/9439.pdf
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Maillist-Archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/swinog%40swinog.ch/