Hi

>And trying to educate ISPs is not gonna work either.

My personal view is, that if an ISP can't be educated it should be foreced
by law.

There should be a limit to the number of emails a user (or rather a virus
on his/her machine) can send in a given time slot. If he or she wants to
send more than that, the user has to contact the ISP who rises the treshold
for the desired time. Of course, this costs extra. I'm sure, this can be
automated with a nice form on a webpage.
Ideally, the parameters can be chosen in a way to prevent viruses of firing
of emails and things would slow down quite a bit.

Roger Leemann

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Maillist-Archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/swinog%40swinog.ch/