Hello fellow festers,

I had every good intention of attending the first post-COVID in person fest. I
think I have only missed two fests since 1996. However, the change from a
Winter SWL Fest to a Spring SWL Fest took the fest from probably the slowest
time of year and plopped it in the middle of the busiest time of year for
me.... not to mention that it is Mother's Day Weekend.

Since we last met in person I became a grandpa, those who I am connected with
on Facebook are acutely aware of that. How did that happen? Well, I know how it
happened but how did it happen? Kenny Chesney was right, don't blink. I went
from being a single guy on the prowl when the bar at the Kulpsville Holiday Inn
turned in to a night club after dark, to a step-dad, then a dad, and now a
grandpa. The "baby" leaves for college in mid-August.

During the COVID era it became way to easy to make a few clicks on the Amazon
App and grow the collection of SDR radios as well as cheap Chinese portable SW
radios. Chinese SW portables are proliferating the market yet there is less and
less to listen too, go figure. If you think about it, it's really amazing that
now you can hold a device in the palm of your hand that took up half the desk
and weighed thirty pounds back in the 60's.

Here's wishing you a good fest and safe travels.

Yours in DX,

Ed Muro
Long Island, NY