Hi Pete,

> I’ve got dspace 1.6.x running under tomcat fine. I’m trying to get sword
> working.
>
> When I goto <address>/sword/servicedocument, I’m seeing a login window pop up
> asking for a userid and password.
>
> My question are should this URL be protected ?
>
> I think the window is coming from tomcat but I’m not sure.
> The Dspace URL does not ask for a userid/password.

This username/password box is prompted by SWORD - it is implemented using HTTP
basic.  It is likely that you would want to secure this in a similar fashion as
you secure your DSpace login screen.  It requires your normal DSpace username
and password.

Thanks,

Stuart Lewis
Digital Development Manager
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: +64 (0)9 373 7599 x81928