Hello,

I am investigating implementing support for the SWORD 2.0 protocol in order to
allow automatic deposition into the Invenio digitial library software.

This software is natively based on MARCXML and can hence store all sort of
metadata fields and there is no complete a-priori mapping between dc and
MARCXML.

I wonder what would be the recommended best practice to implement support for
SWORD 2.0 having as foreign metadata directly MARCXML.

Would you recommend embedding a <marc:record><marc:datafield>...</marc:record>
entry directly into the atom:entry, as recommended in:

<http://sword-app.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/sword-
app/spec/tags/sword-2.0/SWORDProfile.html?revision=377#protocoloperations_creatingresource_multipart>

where dcterms are directly embedded?

Or shall I rather go for registering e.g. a MARCInvenioSIP where, for example,
we would recommend to put in the root .zip package a file called "marcxml"
that would be considered as metadata? In this case how can I proceed?

Best regards,
        Samuele

--
Samuele Kaplun