Hello,

while trying to get DataFlow/DataStage talk to DSpace, I found a possible bug
in the DSpace sword2 server (NullPointer exception).

When I update an item using for example (python):

deposit_receipt = c.update(edit_media_iri = new_receipt.edit_media,
                                                payload = payload,
                                                filename = filename,
                                                mimetype = 'application/zip',
                                                packaging = packaging,
                                                in_progress = True)

the update is successfully carried out in DSpace (the files are deleted and new
files are added), but the server returns a 500 error:

<u>The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
<pre>java.lang.NullPointerException
        org.swordapp.server.MediaResourceAPI.put(MediaResourceAPI.java:174)

org.swordapp.server.servlets.MediaResourceServletDefault.doPut(MediaResourceServletDefault.java:56)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:640)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

I couldn't find out why this happens, maybe you have an idea?

Cheers,

Marco

Marco Fabiani
Postdoctoral Research Assistant
Centre for Digital Music
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
Queen Mary, University of London
Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK