Hi Folks,

I'm just working my way through the old code in the sword svn, and was
wondering if anyone on-list can help me out with the status of some of
the parts of the svn which pertain to the 1.x release of sword:

http://sword-app.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/sword-app/client/
This appears to be a binary distribution of a client environment,
possibly wrapping the java-common library.  It seems that there's not
much in the way of actual new code in this directory, but if someone
knows more about it, would be great to know.

http://sword-app.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/sword-app/java-common/
Java common client and server code for 1.x.  This is pretty much
comprehensible, but there are a variety of nested tags/branches/trunk
structures, and without picking through the commit logs (and maybe not
even then) I'm not sure what's supposedly the operational tip of this
code.

http://sword-app.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/sword-app/java-webapp/
Not 100% sure what this is, but it also has a variety of nested
tags/branches/trunk structures, so difficult to work out what the
operational bit of the code is.

http://sword-app.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/sword-app/java-webvalidator/
Not looked hard at this yet, but is some kind of validator for the 1.3
spec.  It, again, has a variety of nested tags/branches/trunk
structures, so difficult to work out what the operational bit of the
code is.

Any tips by folks who have worked with this code would be much
appreciated.  It may be that the complexity involved in unpicking this
is not worth it, but am interested in people's opinion on whether this
should all be migrated to github.

Cheers,

Richard

--