From: Jonathan Alba
<jonathan.vide...@gmail.com<mailto:jonathan.vide...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, 29 April 2013 19:51
To: Lewis Stuart <stuart.le...@ed.ac.uk<mailto:stuart.le...@ed.ac.uk>>
Cc:
"sword-app-tech@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:sword-app-tech@lists.sourceforge.net>"

<sword-app-tech@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:sword-app-tech@lists.sourceforge.net>>
Subject: Re: [sword-app-tech] SWORD v2 - Error parsing service document

Hi Stuart,

These features already are implemented in SWORD v1 php library, or should I
implement following the sword specification?
Is there any example of deposit with no files in sword v1 ?

Thanks,

Jonathan

2013/4/29 LEWIS Stuart <stuart.le...@ed.ac.uk<mailto:stuart.le...@ed.ac.uk>>
Hi Jonathan,

I'll take a look at your service document and reply shortly.  To answer your
other questions:

> I have some other questions, in my dissertation I proposed some features for
> the SWORD client:
> 1. Deposit a learning object with no files, only with metadata.

Yes – SWORD is agnostic about what it deposits.  It could deposit just file(s),
just metadata, or both.  Both versions of SWORD allow this.  SWORD v2 is more
specific in the specification about it, with the deposit of a basic Dublin Core
record being given as an example:

 -
http://swordapp.github.io/SWORDv2-Profile/SWORDProfile.html#protocoloperations_creatingresource_entry

> 2. Using custom metadata for the deposit.

Again, SWORD doesn't mind about what it deposits.  As long as the SWORD client
and server can both handle a custom metadata format, that is fine.

Thanks,

Stuart Lewis
University of Edinburgh
stuart.le...@ed.ac.uk<mailto:stuart.le...@ed.ac.uk><mailto:stuart.le...@ed.ac.uk<mailto:stuart.le...@ed.ac.uk>>

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.