Nope, no attempt to use OAuth with SWORD that I'm aware of.  We toyed
with trying to do this as part of the protocol, and then decided that
it was Too Hard, might put people off implementing, and also ought to
be orthogonal to the task that sword is trying to carry out, so we
decided to leave it up to implementers to decide.

Do you think that any modifications to sword are required in order to
permit OAuth?  Our principal during development was to make sure we
didn't do anything which prevented such things, but I would like some
confirmation that we succeeded!

Cheers,

Richard

On 1 August 2013 17:08, Philip Durbin <philip_dur...@harvard.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Philip Durbin
> <philip_dur...@harvard.edu> wrote:
>> Does anyone's SWORDv2 implementation use API keys (negotiated via
>> OAuth, maybe?) rather than HTTP Basic Authentication
>> (username/password) in conjunction with a TLS connection?
>
> It looks like Richard asked a similar question here:
>
> Re: [Sword-TAP] on-behalf-of vs. OAuth -
> http://www.mail-archive.com/sword-app-techadvisorypanel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00141.html
>
> >From what I can tell, no one has implemented OAuth or similar with SWORD yet.
>
> Sorry for not noticing this post earlier.
>
> Phil
>
> --
> Philip Durbin
> Software Developer for http://thedata.org