Hi,

i used the JavaServer2.0 library to add Sword support to MyCoRe
(http://mycore.de/ <http://mycore.de/>) . We need Sword to transfer Files from
Goobi (https://www.intranda.com/digiverso/goobi/
<https://www.intranda.com/digiverso/goobi/>) to MyCoRe based repositories.
The implementation already works for small deposits, but we found some problems
when we want to transfer bigger .zip Files up to 100gb+. We currently use the
Multipart Deposit mechanism described in
http://swordapp.github.io/SWORDv2-Profile/SWORDProfile.html
<http://swordapp.github.io/SWORDv2-Profile/SWORDProfile.html>.
Our repository now needs much time to process these large deposits and send a
deposit receipt back to the Client. For a 70gb .zip filled with uncompressed
tif files our test repository needs 5 hours to validate, process and send back
the deposit receipt. The connection is now 5 hours open without sending any
data.

Is there a best practice for sending such large deposits ? Should the client
better send the .tiff sequential per .zip, or is there a way to send back a
incomplete receipt with a "in proccessing" status ?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Sebastian