> > > "Why have a splash screen at all?!!!"
> >
> > Splash screens are a visual cue that the program is loading.
>
> You've missed the point. The end-user should not have to be
> told that the program is loading at all. Only the minimum
> amout of initialisation should be done so that the program is
> ready less that 2 seconds after the load request is made. :-|
> Yes, that's right :-|

I didn't miss the point.  I was being patronizing.

To repeat, if you have issues with Sword as it stands... 'cvs co sword',
fix it, & send us a patch.

As David Trotz said, BibleCS loads very quickly as it stands.  You can
increase the load time by adding modules.  My 300 MHz laptop probably
takes a quarter to half a minute to load, but that's got over 200
modules installed.  If you feel you can improve upon that without
sacrificing functionality or versatility, send us your patch.

BTW, how's our new search engine coming together?

--Chris