It appears the The Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition has problems. From what I can tell from chapter 18 on (as much as I checked) the first verse has been eliminated and the chapters start with verse 2 in place of verse 1.

I know that some bible versions do not include Matt. 17:21(and I know there are others such verses). However I noticed on some of the text modules, where there is not a verse 21(no text), they still have the verse number, and then on others, verse 21(text) has been replaced with verse 22. This may very well be the problem with the Douay-Rheims.  However, as far as I can tell it is the only one that loses the first verse in the following chapters. You may be aware of this, but if not I can supply you with the versions that differ if you need them.

Thanks,

Steve Wilson