Troy,
Looks promising. I will test it out tonight. Thanks for looking into that Troy.
--
In Christ,
David Trotz

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
Hey Karl,

Yeah, it might be nice to have such a utility, but I think I fixed it.

Found this line:

in:
void zVerse::zReadText(char testmt, long start, unsigned short size, SWBuf &inBuf) {
if ((size > 0) && cacheBuf && ((unsigned)start < cacheBufSize)) { //TODO: optimize this, remove strlen

:)

New numbers with all filters and functionality in place:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] cmdline]$ time ./outplain KJV > /dev/null
Real    0m8.732s
user    0m8.034s
sys     0m0.578s

[EMAIL PROTECTED] cmdline]$ time ./search KJV "God love world"
[0=================================50===============================100]
John 3:16
James 2:5
I John 3:1
I John 3:17
I John 4:1
I John 4:9

real    0m3.006s
user    0m2.283s
sys     0m0.572s

I'm very happy with those numbers. Let's see if we can get svn to compile on a mobile platform and see how we do for small devices.

        -Troy.

Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
"Troy A. Griffitts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
The difference between iterating the KJV (heavily tagged OSIS zText) and GerLut (reasonably tagged GBF RawText) without filters involved, was about 5x speed difference (12.9s vs. 2.7s).
I have wondered now and again about a utility which would do a one-time
decompress with a requisite update of .conf, after the fashion of
mkfastmod (that is to say, as a distinct step of maintaining one's
modules), just to step past the "compressed module => slow performance"
problem entirely.

I understand the need for compressed support for the sake of reduced
download times as well as not being wasteful for folks on space-limited
platforms.  But for those of us using modern systems where monster discs
have become routine, disc space costs nothing, and the performance
trade-off is obvious.