On 12/17/2009 12:14 AM, Nic Carter wrote:
The first time PS is run, it unzips and installs the KJV and MHCC
into the correct locations.  It's impossible to pre-install it such
that it instantly works on the first run (Apple have done some cool
stuff for security reasons, but it makes my life harder!).  Hence you
will see longer first-run startup times  :)

May I recommend letting the user know what's happening upon initial install? Some users might get frustrated and kill the app, or assume that it had frozen/crashed. You could just pop up a different splash screen for the first run, saying "Please be patient as we initialize PocketSword" or "Installing files..." or such.

--Chris