Hi Jeff,

When you say Win32 code are you referring to this?
https://github.com/ezra-bible-app/sword-build-win32
<https://github.com/ezra-bible-app/sword-build-win32>
That’s the SWORD dll (and its dependencies) that becomes part of Ezra Bible App.
To be exact you find the dlls in the release:
https://github.com/ezra-bible-app/sword-build-win32/releases/tag/v1.8.900-2020-11-04

<https://github.com/ezra-bible-app/sword-build-win32/releases/tag/v1.8.900-2020-11-04>

> As I tried to implement the dll in a Web application I found that I also had
> to compile the c++ code (libsword) in order to use the c# dll.
I don’t understand this statement.
Why did you have to compile C++ code?
My understanding is that you can include DLLs also via C# (and this works in
other languages like Python, too) and use them directly without any additional
C/C++ compilation necessary.

> With that I’m also wondering if the appropriate dlls (from c++ source code)
> might be included in a later version of the Win32 code on Github.
I will keep releasing new builds of SWORD as I need them for Ezra Bible App.
I actually need to perform one soon, because I would like to utilize Troy’s
latest changes regarding the extraction of section headers.
However, with trunk there are currently still CMake build issues on Windows
(Did you have a chance to look into this, Greg?).

One alternative for your C# server side implementation could be to use
node-sword-interface and serve the requests via node.js. I have been thinking
about implementing a web-based backend for Ezra Bible App on this basis at some
point.

What technology are you considering for the frontend side?
Any specific JS or CSS libraries/frameworks?
Are you planning to use or develop reusable web components?

Jeff, good luck with your efforts!

Best regards,
Tobias