-Apologies for cross-posting-

Sydney Political Theory Workshop (SPTW)

We  propose establishing the Sydney Political Theory Workshop and call for
expressions of interest to join.

In the first instance, it will serve as a framework for advertising and
promoting speakers, visitors, workshops and symposia of interest to
colleagues working on political theory and political philosophy broadly
construed. We are keen to create a collaborative and dynamic community of
scholars working in the area and to provide a venue for innovative and
exciting work to be discussed. We are especially keen to provide a venue for
postgraduate students working in political theory/philosophy at institutions
in and around Sydney to participate in colloquia and have the chance to meet
and work with leading figures in the field.  The aim is not to detract from
the many excellent seminars and workshops already underway in Sydney, but to
create a network of scholars in this field that will enable efficient
communication of interesting events and help promote work in political
theory/ philosophy in Sydney (and Australia) more generally.

In the first instance, to add your name to our mailing list please email:
sydneypol...@gmail.com

As we gauge interest and activity we will gradually develop processes for
advertising relevant events and holding specific SPTW events as well.

Duncan Ivison (University of Sydney)
Nikolas Kompridis (University of Western Sydney)
Paul Patton (University of New South Wales)

----------------------------
DUNCAN IVISON | Professor of Political Philosophy
Dean Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Room J2.05 Quadrangle Building A14 | Sydney | NSW | 2006 Australia
T +61 2 9351 2206  | F +61 2 9351 5333
E arts.d...@sydney.edu.au
W  http://www-personal.arts.usyd.edu.au/duncan.ivison/ivison.htm

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use
is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it
and any attachments.