*Blackheath Philosophy Forum*

   *blackheathphilosophy.org*

   *
   TIME AND TIMELESSNESS*

   Saturday 23 May
   4pm-6pm

   At the intersection of philosophy and physics many important
   questions are asked. Does the universe have a beginning or an end?
   What are the universe’s fundamental components? Why do we experience
   the world the way we do?  We often suppose that one fundamental
   component of our world is time. Some recent theories in physics
   reject this contention. What does that imply for our understanding
   of the world, and of our place in it?

   *
   Speaker Kristie Miller*, Associate Professor of Philosophy,
   University of Sydney

   The Forum meets at the Blackheath Neighbourhood Centre, cnr Gardiner
   Crescent & the Great Western Highway, 4pm-6pm, followed by informal
   discussion at the pub.Admission $10 includes a big afternoon tea
   before question time. Hall is heated.

   All welcome!

   For more program details please go to blackheathphilosophy.org
   <http://www.blackheathphilosophy.org>

---------
SydPhil mailing list

To unsubscribe, change your membership options, find answers to common
problems, or visit our online archives, please go to the list information page: