Macquarie University's annual Women in Philosophy Lecture will be delivered
this Thursday by Associate Professor Krushil Watene. Further details and
registration link below:

"Writing our own stories: Moving the discipline of Philosophy Forward"
A/Prof Krushil Watene (University of Auckland - Waipapa Taumata Rau)

This talk explores the role of pūrākau (stories and storytelling) for Māori
Philosophy. Drawing from the stories  of Indigenous women, I contend that
pūrākau are repositories of accumulated knowledge that not only contain  Māori
Philosophy but enable its critical engagement and cultivation. Practices of
storytelling are, then, vital to the creation and transformation of Māori
concepts and ideas, and vital to understanding Māori practices of philosophical
inquiry. In laying this out, I detail some of the ways that Māori and other
Indigenous methods reimagine philosophy – not least in ways that include the
needs and aspirations of the communities in which these philosophies are
experienced and lived.

5-7pm Thursday 5th September
Function Room 330, Michael Kirby Building, 17 Wally's Walk
Macquarie University's Wallumattagal Campus, North Ryde

Light refreshments from 5pm, followed by the lecture

Register for the event via this link: https://forms.gle/fvyjgnJ7wdvL64Z27

All welcome!

---------
SydPhil mailing list

To unsubscribe, change your membership options, find answers to common
problems, or visit our online archives, please go to the list information page: