[EMAIL PROTECTED] said on Friday, December 28, 2007:

>The downsides are:
>
>  * symfony 1.1 will take a bit longer to be released as the changes
>will need some testing
>  * people will have to move their custom changes from config.php to
the
>new ApplicationConfiguration class (I think this is only marginal)
>  * documentation will need to be updated to reflect the changes

I don't see these as significant downsides.  I'd rather see you take
more time and resolve these issues than have to spend time hacking
around the problem in 1.1, only to do it correctly in 1.2.  The changes
make sense in that they seem to increase functionality as well as fixing
some broken functionality.  It then becomes a decision of the developers
as to when they will spend the time upgrading to 1.1 or 1.2.

Thanks for all of your hard work Fabien!  Much appreciated!

Charley