Francois,
Sorry, my mistake!
I was/am so confused, because of the many i18n warnings i got after
installation of the plugin, that i just looked in the wrong lib
directory .

But know it works great!

One hint:
I use the admin  theme from Jason Ibele and had to add this css (in
media.css) for better presentation.

-----
#sf_asset_controls form{
min-width: 400px;
}
----
Maybe this helps somebody, who uses this theme, too :)

- Frank