Good morning,

I'm ready to deploy a symfony app to replace a current web site but
I'm having issues with the apache redirect 301 to work nicely with
the site.

The current web site has roughly 20 articles dynamically generated in
the form of:

mysite.com/article.php?articleID=3

I want to map each one to a new url at the same domain that has this
type of routing:

mysite.com/articles/mycategory/2007/04/12/the-name-of-the-article

I've tried to do redirects from the .htaccess like this:

Redirect permanent /article.php?articleID=3 http://www.mysite.com/
articles/mycategory/2007/04/12/the-name-of-the-article

But it will only redirect to

http://www.mysite.com/articles?articleID=3

I've tried adding a script for article.php in the web directory, with
a switch statement to catch the id an redirect 301 from there, but I
can't pass the variable through, I think the symfony rewriting is
causing the issue.

I was even thinking of creating a separate app called article, the
controller would be article..php and attempt to have redirecting
within the app. However, the most efficient for redirecting would be
through apache.

I really need to get the redirect to work correctly for SEO.

Other basic redirects on the site work. It's only the ones with the
dynamic variables that are causing issues. I've searched for answers
but just can not find a solution.

Has anyone had these issues before? And if so, how did you solve the
problem?

Please help soon! I'd like to get this project deployed.

Thank you.

Davinder