Hello,

I am developing a website using several cultures. I use sfGuardPlugin
to handle user security.

I wonder to be able to change the culture of the website when a user
sign-in. His favorite culture is stored in his profile and can be
easily recovered.

I tried something like this by extending the signIn action:

public function executeSignin() {

                // setting user culture from profile db
                if ($this->getRequest()->getMethod() == sfRequest :: POST) {
                        $culture = $this->getUser()->getProfile()->getCulture();
                        $this->getUser()->setCulture($culture);

                }

                parent :: executeSignin();
        }

but this method doesn't works.

I also tried to set a filter:

class cultureFilter extends sfFilter {
        public function execute($filterChain) {

                // Execute next filter
                $filterChain->execute();

                // Filters don't have direct access to the request and user
objects.
                // You will need to use the context object to get them
                $request = $this->getContext()->getRequest();
                $user = $this->getContext()->getUser();

                if ($user->isAuthenticated()) {
                        $user->setCulture($user->getGuardUser()->getProfile()-
>getCulture());
                }

        }
}