Hi,

I have given up on trying to maintain several messages.XX.xml XLIFF
files, as they got out of sync very easily (wrt the id numbering) and
the i18n-extract task doesn't fix those issues (re-syncing the id's and
strings to be translated). Also, having the 'source' string duplicated
in every messages.XX.xml file tripped me up a few times.

So I wrote a simple pake tast that reads in a messages.yml file and
spits out the corresponding XLIFF files. The format is roughly like
this:

- messages
  - source: This is the string in the template
   en:        This is the English translation
   nl:         Dutch string here

  - source: Another string in the template
   en:        This is the English translation of that string
   nl:         Dutch version of it here

.... etc.

As you can see, this keeps all languages in the same file, which may or
may not be desireable in certain circumstances.

Anyway, now to my question: for now I've written this in a separate
'plugin' (it only has this one pake task). Should I merge this into
sfI18nExtractPlugin so that we can work towards one great
one-stop-solution-for-all-i18n-needs plugin, or should I package and
maintain this as a separate plugin? Also, is there any interest for
something like this at all?

cheers,

roel

PS on a technical note: does anyone know of a way to pretty-print
(indent) xml files generated with php's SimpleXML or do I have to rely
on the tidy extension being available in php?