2007/8/1, Alexander Deruwe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On 01 Aug 2007, at 16:57, Marc Torres wrote:
> > I've just installed symfony from pear, and it installs version
> > 1.0.6, but when I run the symfony command I get:
> >
> > Parse error: parse error in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/bin/
> > symfony on line 34
> >
> > is it something break? Anyone out there has tried the 1.0.6 version?
>
> Yup - no problem here.  And also on OSX, though not using XAMPP...
> Have you checked what is on line 34?  (Or 35 possibly because of the
> hash-bang...)

Yep, the error is here:

    if (!is_dir($sf_symfony_lib_dir))
    {
--->      throw new Exception('Unable to find symfony libraries'); <-------
    }
  }
}

but I cannot see any typo error that throws a parse error -_-?

Well while writting these lines, it comes to my mind a magic light that
wakes me up ;-D

OSX have php4 installed, and although I rename the php OSX binnary to php4,
it seems that my last OS update (or something else) fixed this (now I've
php4 and php in the /usr/bin directory both running PHP4), so I was running
php4 again ;-D. I only have to put the php5 bin (the one that comes with
XAMPP) before in my PATH and that's all ;-D (well, atually someone advice me
in a previous post ithat it was a better solution than renaming the php
system binary, and now I can say that I agree ;-)

Cheers,

Marc.

--
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried
it." Donald Knuth