I've got the exact same problem,

The following two lines solved my issue, sort of, although im looking for a
cleaner solution if anyone has come across one.

      $action =
sfContext::getInstance()->getActionStack()->getLastEntry()->getActionInstanc
e();

      $fbml = $action->getPresentationFor('user', 'profile');

The issue I think with the code above is that it requires you to br
rendering a view which I don't always do (for example I have a cron job
running), and as far as I understand it does this mean that I wont have
access to the action class, maybe someone else knows more about this, any
help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Mat