Dave Dash wrote:
> Interested party, not sure about time commitments to actual coding,
> since I stretch myself too thin already.
>
> I'll help you with any dreamhost problems that you'll have... trust me
> you will have them ;)
>
> -d
>
> On 9/25/07, *Stefan Koopmanschap* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>

>     Hi all,
>
>     I was not really planning yet on sharing my idea, but the recent job-
>     discussion made me want to share that idea. It seems that there is
>     some interest. Let's use this thread to get discussion going on what
>     it should be, and who can work on it.
>
>     First of all, my idea: A social networking/profile site, similar to
>     LinkedIn, Facebook, and similar sites, where each symfony developer/
>     enthousiast/user can register to create a profile. In this profile,
>     one could also add a CV, project portfolio, and toggle a status like
>     "available for hire/available as freelancer/looking for freelancer/
>     looking for developer". The site would be free to all (so not like
>     Monster where companies have to pay).
>
>     I'd like feedback on that idea. What should not be done, what should
>     be done, what should be changed.
>
>     Then, I think it would be good to form a (small) group of developers.
>     I can install a trac, open a subversion repository, etc on my
>     DreamHost (where I host all my sites) to support the team effort of
>     developing this site. We'll probably need someone to have some sort of
>     project manager role, and a few developers. Interested parties,
>     please
>     do respond.
>
>     That's it for now.
>
>     Stefan
>

> --
> Dave Dash
> 612.670.0621
> Discover your favorite restaurant: reviewsby.us <http://reviewsby.us>
> gtalk: dave.dash

Stefan, I am also serious about working on this, I even have time
beginning of next month and I am pretty reliable on the email (also on
the jobs list). I am also hosting all my stuff on dreamhost so I can be
of help there too :) It would be nice to fix many of the plugins that
need fixing (I am just waiting for some free time to fix the
sfMinifyPlugin :))

So you kind of volunteered for the manager's place, get the group going
and tell us what's next either on this list or in the jobs list, I do
not think we made a decision there.

So, waiting to hear from you.

Kupo