Your question goes beyond symfony and escaping. If you are not sure about
the code that will be entered in the CMS, don't allow for HTML code. Use
Markdown, BBCode or whatever convention you want, but strip all HTML entered
by the user. There is no way to allow direct HTML formatting AND be safe
from XSS at the same time.

The CMS is designed to be used by editors who don't want to harm the site,
so HTML can be allowed. But if your need is different, specialize the rich
text slot and make it markdown only.

François