On 02 Nov 2007, at 12:27, Ian P. Christian wrote:
> Alexander Deruwe wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your reply Ian.  I apologise for getting back to this
>> rather late.
>> Err, not to play firestarter or anything, but this effectively means
>> it's not possible to create valid XHTML 1.0 code with symfony...
>
> I've not used FillIn it for a while, but I had a look at the code for
> you  [1]
>
> The key line is here, in sfFillInFormFilter
>
>      $method =
> 'fillIn'.ucfirst(strtolower($this->getParameter('content_type',
> 'Html')));
>

> If you set your content_type to 'Xml' in your fill in settings, all
> will
> be fine.
>
> As for creating a ticket... please do - this should be documented :)

Ok, all of this made me realize this is not limited to the meta tags
but to the difference between XML and HTML in general.
Now I was able to punch Google's buttons in the correct way and came
up with the following:

http://trac.symfony-project.com/ticket/1687

Check http://symfoniac.wordpress.com/2007/08/16/getting-
sffillinformfilter-to-output-valid-xhtml/ for some background on this.

Aaanyway...

As suggested on Symfoniac and by you and Marek in this thread, adding:

fillin:
   class: sfFillInFormFilter
   param:
     content_type: xml

to the application's filters.yml file does not work for some strange
reason.  At least for me...  I need to add a param 'name' for the
form name, so the filter should be defined per module at least.  And
when I don't have more than one form on a page, I don't name them.
This seems far from ideal to me...

Patching sfFillInFormFilter.class.php to change the default value
works.  Fillin works and the output is XHTML.

Is there any reason why the content_type should be 'Html' by default
in a framework where everything else is XHTML?
I'd like to kickstart the discussion requested at the end of 1687
(even though I realize that the issue there with Ajax is a bit more
complicated than this) by suggesting that the default value for
content_type by 'Xml'.

Cheers,

Alexander