In my installation "all" enviroment key does not work, I had to
specify settings for each enviroment separately. So try:

prod:
  sfSimpleCMS:
    use_l10n:               true
    localizations:          [en, fr, it]
    default_culture:        en
dev:
  sfSimpleCMS:
    use_l10n:               true
    localizations:          [en, fr, it]
    default_culture:        en

I haven't had time to confirm it with onyone else, but if this
workaround works for you, I can create a ticket.

-- Marek