On Nov 20, 6:46 pm, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> HI all
>
> I'm new to Symfony, and still getting my head around the concepts.
> The application I'm developing has a requirement to receive a POST
> from another website indicating whether an event has occurred
> successfully.  Where would I go about putting  the code that handles
> this POSTed data in a symfony project.  Would I need to extend
> actions.class.php or create a template such as statusSuccess.php?  All
> I need to do is to retrieve the POSTed data and store these in a
> table.
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete

It's a bit sad to reply to your own post, but I've managed to sort
this out, mainly by walking away from the computer and thinking things
through for a while.

I've created a statusSuccess.php template which is totally empty,
together with a new executeStatus function in actions.class.php that
does something useful with the POSTed data. I also needed a small
change to the security.yml file to allow the remote suite to POST the
data and all worked like a charm.  Hopefully this is the correct
method for handling this, but it works for me so unless there are
better methods I'll carry on this way.

Cheers

Pete